Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 5 in Review (belated)

Sorry about the delay, real life got in the way of my cyber life/blog.  I spent the majority of the weekend either in a hospital waiting room or in a car driving to a house full of cats that needed to be taken care of.  But everything is good now so back to the blogging.

Last week I ended up doing roughly 12 miles since Friday I was waiting the above mentioned hospital.  I did do the three mile trips all last week with my one 5k run that I wanted to time but forgot to.  They all felt pretty good, it feels good to be training at a distance that I will be doing the race at.  It is just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other for an extended period of time.

This week so far I have been blessed with the company of John while doing my runs.  Since this is really the first full week of August I am also doing 3 mile runs this week.  I am going to try and design a 3.25 mile run for next week and hopefully my new running buddy will stick with me.  It is eternally easier to do these runs with John since it takes the fatty out of the equation.  Since I am talking most of the time there is no internal dialogue of fatty vs ex runner so generally I don't have to listen to the fatty trying to get me to stop prematurely.

My birthday was also last week and I did end up raising 20 dollars for the animals as a birthday present.  Which is good for the animals and also more importantly pushing me towards the end of August before I finish off running the money donated.  I almost feel like counting my cousin's donation a couple of weeks before my birthday as a donation for my birthday since we share the same birthday.  It doesn't seem right on your birthday to be giving other people gifts despite it being their birthday.  So at best I raised 30 dollars for my birthday.  Thank you all very much who donated, you know who you are and you rock.

Hopefully real life will cooperate and I will be able to update regularly.  Thanks for reading, and as always donate and tell your friends about this blog (and urge them to donate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment