Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 6 In Review

This week was extremely productive.  Having John run with me four out of my five runs and Will for one of the five really made motivating myself so much easier.  I am not a big fan of listening to music while I run mainly because I only have ear buds to listen with and they are more of a pain while running then they are worth.  So talking with amiable company is so much better.  I don't need earbuds to hear my compatriots running beside me.  Also the conversation is normally interesting enough.  At the very least it is better than listening to myself argue with myself to keep running.

In other news, last Thursday I actually managed to remember a watch while I went to Bond Park with John and Will.  I ran that course for the last time until I actually run the course November 4th.  35:26 was my time, so I have nine minutes nine seconds to drop in order to hit my goal.  Lucky for me we still have 2 and a half months to go before the race.  That time will start to drop without me even realizing it is happening.  Unfortunately that is the way it goes with running, you make small incremental gains as long as you keep at it.  So I just need to keep at it and have those seconds fall off while I am not paying attention.

I also got a belated birthday donation!  My Aunt Marcia sent in the belated but extremely appreciated donation.  Thanks to it I'll be running off donations until at least the start of September!  This week I ran a total of 15.14 miles which brings me up to a grand total of 60.42 miles.  This makes my matching donation (assuming a Krispy Kreme doughnut blow out and no more running) $69.52.

And then just one last note before I tell you to tell your friends to donate.  School starts next Monday (August 20th) for me.  Luckily I just have MWF classes at the moment.  So I may have to change my running schedule to Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and then increasing the mileage to compensate for the lack of the last day.  So:

August the 3 miles 5 days a week would turn into 3.75 miles 4 days a week.
September 4 miles 5 days a week = 5 miles 4 days a week
October 5 miles 5 days a week = 6.25 miles 4 days a week

Ugh.  Looking at those numbers they look a looooooot bigger than I had planned in my head.  But it still keeps the weekly totals the same.

As always, tell your friends, beg them for me to donate to the wonderful cause of Second Chance Pet Adoptions.  And thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment