Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Birthday Run

So today is my birthday, I am turning 27.  And for a present for myself I got myself a 5k run to do in the morning.  Now originally the plan was to take a timing device of some sort, watch, phone, sundial, calender etc. and measure how long it would take me to run the 5k.  Well fortunately I had some company on my run today: my cousin John.  Now if you click that link you'll see in his twitter profile that he is a decent looking guy, but more importantly in shape.  John was gracious enough to run at my pace, else my view would look something like this:
If look closely, you can see John 2 miles ahead.
However John did run with me so he can attest to my running of the 5k.  That brings my witnessed mileage up to just under 4 miles.  But I have been running despite what the fatty inside me wants.  Now the problem is that due to my excitement to have another soul trudging along beside me (waiting patiently for my ever so slow pace) is that I forgot all sorts of timing devices.  No calender, no sundial, it was cloudy so I couldn't even use the position of the sun.  So tomorrow I get to go back and do it again.  But it is good, I do need to be running the 5k since that is what I am training for.


Now if you are wishing to give me anything for my birthday all I am looking for is more donations towards my fundraising for Second Chance Pet Adoptions.  I will run a mile for every dollar donated and if you guys manage to donate more money than I can run in miles I will donate the difference.  Example you guys donate 400 dollars and I run 280 miles I will donate 120 dollars to Second Chance. So hopefully you'll help keep pushing me as I am closing in on the current donations seeing as I have about 9 or so more days before I hit it.

As always tell your friends and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment