Sunday, July 29, 2012

Month 1 in Review

Seriously... It has been a month?  Well four weeks but that is close enough.  Can you believe my chubby self has been pounding the pavement for an grueling month so far?  This last week hasn't been that great due to my over zealous attempt at wind sprints side lining me for a bit more than I wished.  I did do two real runs last week and one one mile run just to test out the leg.  The ice and advil help and for 99% of the time everything feels dandy.  Which is good because this Wednesday at the latest I'll be moving up to 3 miles a day.  I am considering running three miles starting tomorrow but the body will be the ultimate judge.

As for this Wednesday since it is the day we go up to three mile runs I am also going to go out to the 5k course at Bond Park and time myself and run it.  I can then compare this time against what I end up doing in November.  My goal is to beat 26 minutes 17 seconds in November.  If you are wondering where the heck that number came from it is the world record for the 10k.  So basically I wouldn't get lapped on the course by the fastest person to run my race twice.  I know, it is the little goals that help motivate you.  Hopefully these little goals and with the Olympics and moving up to three miles I'll be able to help shut the fatty up and make these runs more of a physical exercise instead of an exercise in willpower.

Even with this terrible week of running the mileage seems to meet the donations in roughly 12 running days, so around August 10th.  That and I have crossed the halfway mark in which I have ran more mileage than I would have to donate to match it.  So hopefully my birthday *wink wink* will be a good one in terms of donations.  Birthday presents should be left online.  I'm sure the mileage will be a good gift for my body as well.

Tell your friends about how awesome Second Chance is, and how they can get a cheap thrill by making a fat kid run a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment