Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 3 in Review

So I know this is a day late but the whole 'Wind Sprint Saturday' thing I ended up trying to do yesterday (Sunday.)  The goal was to do 15 trips up the hill which if I recall correctly is .15 miles long and stupid high.  Good news, I missed my goal by 1.  Bad news is that that one ended up being in the tens column.  I did 5 total 'sprints' up the hill as the first one, maybe two are the only ones that can be called sprints by any stretch of the word.  I do have video of the first run and luckily for you I am wearing a shirt.

All I have to do is figure out how to get the pictures Sara took off the camera and onto my computer.  Normally she works her techno magic and just uploads them on to her computer.  My techno magic skills are rusty seeing as how I haven't used them in a long while so I have to do some lighting of incense and praying to the machine god.  Pictures and video will follow of that whole shindig as the capricious spirits of both the camera and computer will allow.

Now unfortunately me doing this whole wind sprint up hill thing kinda wrecked my calves hardcore.  I am not talking my usual soreness and whining from the fatty.  I am talking enough pain that the runner in me told me hey, lets not run today your legs need some rest.  So I rested today, puppy dog eyed Sara to get a calf massage, and hopefully I will be able to run come tomorrow.  If not I am sure the fatty will try to seize the upper hand in this struggle.

So here's to me being able to run tomorrow and not just limping around sadly all day.  But just remember what all of this pain I am going through is for: the animals at Second Chance Pet Adoptions.  Donate here or cruise on over here to look at pictures of all of the cute cats and dogs they have up for adoption, then donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment