Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 2 In Review

So I have done two solid weeks of running 5 days a week.  This week I unsuccessfully and successfully ran a 2.55 mile route.  It is now the route of choice for this upcoming week.  That means a full week with no changes to the route is going to net me 12.75 miles. However this week I only ran 10.91 miles bringing my grand total to 21.44 miles!  And thanks to all of your generosity I have so far raised 75 dollars for Second Chance Pet Adoptions.  This means if I blow out my knee (lets hope not) or more likely blow out a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and don't run again together we will be putting 128.56 towards keeping the animals fed and happy and waiting for their forever home.

So in order to increase donations we again will look at things that you may or may not be getting that could be used to fund the animals at SCPA until they find their forever home.  This week I will look a lot more in depth at fast food and compare it towards how many miles I would have to run to negate the calorie intake.

According to a few sites I roughly burn 170 calories for every mile I run.  We will use this number to see how much I would have to run to completely burn off the intake.

McDonalds Big Mac Combo - 1350 calories or 7.94 miles.  Now for all of these since I am lazy and not trying to look up individual drink sizes I am just assuming a 20 oz coke.
Burger King Whopper Combo - 1500 calories or 8.82 miles
Wendys Double Combo - 1480 calories or 8.7 miles
Supersonic Cheeseburger Combo - 1400 or 8.22 miles

But you start to get the picture.  Now this doesn't mean fast food is bad or that if you eat it you have to go run 8 miles since you burn calories simply by living.  However if I ate those combos in addition to food that sustains me throughout the day that is the necessary mileage I would have to run in order to come out at a net even.

Also in other news my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks (August 1) and I have decided as an easy way to drive donations I am asking in lieu of whatever any of y'all would have sent me (in my celebration of making another trip around the sun) to instead donate to Second Chance.

As always tell your friends and donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment