Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 1 In Review

Well I have survived the blazing heat and the miles of running of the onset of my training for the 5k.  It certainly wasn't as smooth sailing as I thought the first week would have went given the fact that I had to change the course I run in order to get the fat guy in my head to quit trying to make me stop.  But I persevered and finished all 5 days for a total of 10.53 miles.  Thankfully I got a lot of donations in before I embarked on my training so those 10 and change miles are going towards working off some mileage debt.  Sadly though I did not receive any new donations this week so my current matching donation as of right now is $54.47.

Luckily the week coming up the heat dies down due to who knows what.  I am sure if I asked my wife she would pull up her tri-screen weather set up and explain to me more than I care to know about it.  But the real issue about next week is that I will be downing another 10+ miles and be a third of the way through the money I have raised so far.  So in order to entice more donations every Sunday I am going to list off every day things that you may spend money on and compare it to how many miles that would make a fat kid run.

Cookout Burger tray ~ $5:  Now this is nothing fancy just a simple 5 dollar meal from a fast food place.  Maybe brown bag it to work one day and save yourself 5-8 dollars and make a fat kid run for 5 miles.  You save on calories (so you don't end up like me), you get the satisfaction of making a fat guy trudge out 5 miles in the heat, and you end up helping the animals.

Two Movie Tickets ~ $20:  Now I am guilty of this as well, but I see a lot of so-so to bad movies in the theater.  And no rational person goes out to see movies alone so I am going to just ballpark it around 20 bucks between all of the student ID, matinee, 3D, and who knows what other price variations they have.  So either a bad movie that you should have probably Netflixed or Red Boxed that lasts only 90 minutes or 20 bucks lasting my fat ass at least 200 minutes of running plus the added benefit of helping feed and keep the animals healthy.



So that was my week 1.  I am attempting and hopefully by next weekend will have a video of me trudging along as proof of my running, and for your sick entertainment.  As always donate here and tell your friends about this blog and about all of the good the money will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment