Monday, July 2, 2012

First Day and the Plan

So today was my first day officially running for Second Chance's Furry 5k.  And well... I feel like my blog title is a lie.  Sure your money is making me run and I am still a fatty, but what I did today by no stretch of the word was running.  Trudging I think is the closest word that comes to what I was doing.  It was as if the bone dry concrete of the sidewalks had turned to mud.  Granted I still did it for the 2.11 miles, but it wasn't running.  However I am still confident it was amusing to watch the fatty trudge on the side of the road, and totally worth the two dollars and change it cost me to run that.

So in other non-admission news I learned a few things today during my first run. 

Firstly, I am glad I started training a little bit before actually doing these runs.  Whenever I try working out or running for the first time in a while my brain somehow has set itself as default state of workout was when I was actually in shape.  My mind has the idea that when I start a work out I should automatically be at the level I was at when I was most in shape.  So the past couple of weeks I have beat the fatty work out level and pace into my brain.  And thank goodness that I did that.  If my body tried to go out and run at an 'in shape' pace I would have died.

Secondly, I have always had poor circulation in my feet and it crops up a bit when running.  This isn't actually a fatty condition as I have always had it bother me it is just a matter as to how long down the running trail it pops up.  So I did a little bit of googling and apparently one of the possible things to do to help is have someone massage your feet.  So this was a great ploy to get the wife to massage my feet on a regular basis.  Hey, it's for the animals right?  Just because I get some foot massaging out of it doesn't make it wrong does it?  Even if it is wrong, I am still hoping to get 4 months of foot massages out of it.


As for the plan of attack until race time here it goes:

July I plan on doing at least 2 miles a day 5 days a week.
August 3 miles a day 5 days a week.
September 4 miles a day 5 days a week.
October 5 miles a day 5 days a week.


Now that is the bare minimum plan.  Ideally I want to increase the miles quicker than that but that is the bare minimum your money buys.

As always donate here.  Also tell all of your friends about my blog and get them to read and donate.  Because making a fat kid run is a joy we all can appreciate.

Video to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should change the name of your blog to "Make the Pudge Trudge"? :)

    ReplyDelete