Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Make the Hog Jog

So the past couple of days have been the first few days where I don't feel like I am dying and barely making it back to the neighborhood.  Now keep in mind this is with me running (but not keeping track of mileage) since early/mid June.  So after 4-6 weeks of plodding along diligently I have finally gotten over the hump... which isn't good.  You guys paid good money to have a fat guy run.  When fat guys run it is supposed to be an excruciating experience in which every step is loathsome.  So if this trend continues and the ex-runner in me starts winning the battle against the fatty I will have to up the mileage per day.

The next possible route is thus.  It is a 2.55 mile route with a mostly uphill climb with a sharp downhill at the end to bring it back to the start.  Hopefully this route will bring out the pain and make your donations worthy of what I promised.

Speaking of donations  I have worked my way through a couple of donations and I would like to acknowledge and thank those people.

Sara - Thanks for the initial donation to get this thing started.  You probably got the best of the monies worth since those 10 miles were the most painful.

Myra - I don't know of any web presence that I can link for you (I don't even think you read this blog) but nevertheless you did donate and your donation is greatly appreciated.  Your five miles are when I started to get over the hump so probably weren't as painful as Sara's but still I think you got your money's worth.

Bruce and Tricia - I have plans for your generous donation.  While I have only so far made a dent of 1.8 miles into the fifty miles I have to run for you guys I promise to make it as grueling as possible.  With the looming possibility of increasing the mileage I am also kicking around the idea of a Wind Sprint Saturday.  Basically the entrance to my neighborhood is a .16 mile long 45 foot high hill in which I would do 15 (guesstimate) sprints up the hill.  For those wondering that is the same as running 2.4 miles over the course of climbing 67 and a half stories.  Plus the added bonus of having it on a Saturday means I can wrangle Sara into taking pictures for everyone's amusement.



Now don't let this public outpouring of gratitude turn any of you other guys away from donating.  I did ask permission about linking and revealing donation amounts.  If you want to make a fat kid run but want to do it privately it can be arranged.  Now go back and read that last sentence again, that just sounds wrong; but it is for the animals at Second Chance Pet Adoptions so it makes it okay?

As always tell your friends and donate to help the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment