Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why Being Fat Makes It Hard To Run

SubTitle (Or Why I Need To Make a New Route)

This post is for all of you out there who are either in shape or at least not fat when it comes to running.  You see when I am running my routes I tend to get tired at the same spots during the run.  So every time I pass these spots whether I have actually gotten tired or not the fatty in me tells me to take a break.  So this is where the mind games start between me and the fat guy inside (and outside.)  I take the same route and flip it so I am running it the opposite direction than I was the day before.  That way those trouble spots are normally in places where I am still feeling wonderful so the runner in me wins the mind game.  However this is only a temporary solution since new trouble spots develop running the route backwards.  Then if I keep flipping the route the trouble spots from each direction start bleeding through to the other side.  So eventually it becomes just one big mind game of keeping myself going forward.

It is not just having problems with trouble spots during the run.  Long straight aways are also cause a terrible fight between the fatty and the runner.  If I look straight ahead and watch the distance (very slowly) get chipped away the fatty starts complaining that it is going to take forever and we are going way too slow.  If I look at the ground or the sky the same thing happens except instead of complaining about the distance taking forever to go away the fatty complains that he is getting bored and wants to see where he is going.  So basically I have to tread the line of looking where I am going and looking in other directions in order to keep my will power going strong.

So with all of those mind games I eventually have to create a new route in order to trick the fatty for at least another couple of weeks.  This is a 2.69 mile route which I will start on Monday.  I will suffer through this old route for another day and then tackle a new route with renewed vigor of the weekend.

A side note:

If you look to the side I included a date in which I will theoretically meet your donations.  Let us all band together and make sure that date is always in the future.  You can help keep that date in the future by donating here.

As always tell your friends and donate to Make Fatty Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment