Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My First Marathon

So today I finally completed my first marathon.  I know, you guys are thinking what the heck?  He is only running two and a half miles a day.  Well the official time is 2 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes and 46 seconds.  I have ran over the 26.2 miles of a marathon although it just took me a while to do.  I feel like whatever marathon governing body needs to mail me one of those 26.2 bumper stickers.  I have obviously paid my dues like every other marathoner out there.  And I bet I weigh as much as two of most marathoners, so in reality by weight I should get two stickers. 

My next marathon, governing body take note, should only take two weeks.  Shaving off an entire two days off of my time.  Where as come October I should theoretically be putting roughly a marathon down on the pavement every week.  We can all hope that day does come and my fat self can still run that.  By that time I hope to have my entire car covered in marathon stickers.

But realistically I haven't done anything over 3 miles in over a decade and my longest continuous run is only 6 miles back when I was training with cross country.  So September and October are going to be interesting months for me basically pushing my body to places it hasn't been in a long while.  However Second Chance is giving me this great opportunity to motivate myself and help animals in the process.

Please tell your friends about the blog and convince them to donate. It is for a good cause and it is tax deductible, it is like a super double bonus.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Marathon Man! Keep it up and pretty soon you'll look like a blonde Dustin Hoffman and never want to go to the dentist again! :)

    Aunt Tricia

    ReplyDelete