Thursday, July 5, 2012

Make the Pudge Trudge

So the first week is almost done and it is a lot rougher than I thought it would be.  I certainly thought, "Hey, I used to run.  I can just run a week or two and bump up the mileage to three a day and start working through these dollars quicker."  Now the fatty in me wants to blame the blazing heat we have been having making it harder than it should be, but the ex-runner in me is blaming the fatty in me.  Granted it has been extremely hot as of late, but I am going to have to agree with the latter in this debate.

Speaking of the fat side in me, I have decided I am going to have to change my route.  The old route has two points where I have to cross or go right next to the entrance to my neighborhood.  Now every time I pass the neighborhood entrance I have in internal battle between the fatty and ex-runner trying to get me to just cut it short and just walk home.  The ex-runner in me has won so far every day but it is an ultimately a losing battle cause the fatty in me is just to strong.  So until the fatty in me loses some power in the internal debate I am going to have to change my route.  This is just a simply out and back route that makes it impossible for me to cut it short.  Once I make it to the halfway point no matter what I have to complete the run.

A few side notes:

The title of this post is from a comment that my Aunt/Uncle left me as a suggestion to what to call the blog since what I am doing isn't considered running.  I would change everything but I already had the logo made and this blog started.  And most importantly, I am lazy.  Big surprise, a fat guy being lazy.

Also on the side of the blog I am updating the donations and mileage run.  That way you can see how close I am to getting through your donations and/or how much I am going to have to end up matching by the end of this experiment.

Question.  Why in the world does the sweat that my body was carrying just thirty minutes earlier, once sweated out causes my shirt to feel so much heavier?  I mean my body already was carrying that weight, it is not as if I am adding any weight to what I am carrying around.

And as always donate here. No donation is too small (as long as there is no minimum donation.  I am not sure how the software works.)  And tell your friends.  The more people that read this, the more likely Second Chance is to get donations or new runners.  So make fatty run and encourage your friends to make fatty run too.

No comments:

Post a Comment